Sustainable Projects We Supported
With every purchase and review you have made with us, we donate to support these sustainable projects. Together we are making an impact on saving our planet and supporting people in need.
Bra Recycling Ambassador
The Bra Recyclers are a clothing recycling social enterprise dedicated to ensuring that preloved bras and prostheses go to those who need them most, rather than into landfill. Each year, they accept thousands of preloved bras and prostheses from individuals and businesses and either recycle them or give them to women and girls in need, for example, those who are escaping domestic violence or human trafficking.
We’re running a rewards program through which you can earn a discount on your next purchase if you recycle your preloved bra(s).
This can be done in three easy steps:
1. Wash your bra(s)
2. Fill out the recycling form and you’ll receive a non-postage-paid mailing label via email
3. Attach the non-postage-paid label to your package and mail it.
Once your preloved items have been received, you’ll receive a discount code via email to use on your next purchase. It really is that simple!
JulieMay Lingerie as a bra recycling ambassador:
- The Bra Recycler’s impact is huge – both environmentally and socially. We’ve partnered with the Bra Recyclers as one of their Bra Recycling Ambassadors, which means we’ll be working with them to encourage the reuse of preloved bras!
- Not only we will be helping vulnerable women and girls all over the world, but our customers will also be reducing their carbon footprint and we are all doing our bit for the planet.
JulieMay x Uncommon Threads
At JulieMay, we’re passionate about empowering women, so we have partnered with Uncommon Threads.
Uncommon Threads is a nonprofit empowerment boutique for women based in Lawrence, Massachusetts, one of the poorest cities in the USA. They help low-income women see and feel their true potential with clothing and images to build self-esteem and self-worth. If you want to get involved or learn more, you can watch the short video about Uncommon Threads and their mission to empower women on their website here.
How we are supporting Uncommon Threads:
- Donating JulieMay products to the incredible women of Lawrence, Massachusetts.
- Supporting women through challenging times.
- Sponsor awareness campaigns to strengthen low-income women of all ages, regardless of employment status, via email newsletters and social media.
- Sponsor workshops, self-esteem styling, workforce styling and the women's empowerment centre.
Eden Reforestation Projects
Eden Reforestation Projects fight deforestation and alleviate poverty by employing local communities to restore their natural ecosystems.
Eden has created means of livelihood for millions of people living in extreme poverty around the world. Each project employs local communities to work within their nurseries and project sites in Madagascar, Haiti, Nepal, Indonesia, Mozambique, Kenya, Nicaragua and Honduras, engaging local communities to protect and care for newly planted regions.
Eden Reforestation Projects is a non-profit organisation that is endorsed on the United Nations Sustainable Development Partnership Platform. You can learn more about their impact here.
What we've achieved with the Greenspark community for the Eden projects:
- Restored and conserved more than 12,000 hectares of forest in Honduras, bringing biodiversity and economic opportunity to surrounding communities.
- Helped 190+ people be empowered with fair wages.
- 4 million trees produced, planted and protected.
- The trees we planted will absorb approximately 5,785 tonnes of carbon ever year once fully grown!
Rescue Plastic Bottles
Plastic Bank® Recycling
Plastic Bank® is helping the world stop ocean plastic while improving the lives of those who collect it. It operates in Haiti, Brazil, Indonesia, the Philippines, and Egypt.
The plastic collected is sorted, weighed and exchanged for digital tokens that can be redeemed for basic necessities such as groceries, cooking fuel, school tuition, and health insurance.
Plastic Bank has been endorsed by the United Nations Framework Convention on Climate Change and received the UN “Momentum for Change” Climate Solutions Award. Learn more here.
What we've achieved with the Greenspark community for the Plastic Bank:
- Rescued over 1 million ocean-bound plastic bottles. That’s enough plastic to stand taller than Mount Everest or fill the Colosseum! It's the equivalent of removing 41 million straws from landfill.
- Cleaned up the equivalent of 5,930 miles of UK beaches. That's the same distance as walking to from Lands End to John O'Groats 7 times.
Offset Carbon Footprints
Improved Cook Stoves in Malawi
This UN project helps transition rural households in Malawi from traditional three-stone cooking fires to energy-efficient cookstoves.
It provides a cleaner, more modern alternative and reduces exposure to toxic smoke and the health risks associated with repeat exposure.
As part of the Greenspark community, we have offset over 5,500 tonnes of CO2. That's the equivalent of charging nearly 670 million smartphones.
For more information and reports, visit the UN here.
Brand with a Positive Impact
As a brand looking to further its social responsibility, we will continue to support more sustainable projects to increase our positive impact. We are grateful to have you join us through the journey!Shop Now